Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bedroom Inspiration

Still working on convincing the Hubby we should redo our room. We have yet to ever get new furniture for it and our current bed is one my Hubby got in college, but we've been using the old guest bed lately. We were wanting to upgrade to a king size bed but I think our room is a little too small for one. Our bedding was what we registered for when we got married. I like it, but our dogs have ruined the embroidery that covers it. Plus it's polyester, so it doesn't breathe well. Come summer time in Texas, that sucker is hot! So I've switched to a white duvet with a tan coverlet.

I have been in love with some of these photos I found on Pinterest. Most of them have white bedding & upholstered headboards. I've been wanting our master to feel like a five star hotel and to have a big fluffy duvet.  I love in the first ones that they are pretty neutral but with aqua.  We know I'm also a sucker for a soft aqua. I think the color palette would be relaxing and soothing.


I love the tone on tone look in this next set. Even though they are all white & beige they don't come across boring or bland. 

I would really like our bedroom not to be overly girlie (I think my hubby would like that even more!), but have more of a masculine/feminine balance. I am loving the side tables in the Candice Olsen room above. I think she did a nice job of balancing the masculine/feminine feel in the room.

I was planning on DIY-ing a headboard, but then I got this guy as a Christmas present!
 It came from Joss & Main, they are this awesome online discount store. Each day they just have certain things, mainly home stuff. And once they are out, it's gone. But you can get some great prices. I believe the headboard was $199?

I haven't put it up yet. I need to get one of those metal frames and a bed skirt. So it's just hanging out at the foot of our bed. I still haven't decided to go blue or neutral with the walls. The first accent pillow fabric I've picked up is just tan/brown/white. Leaning towards neutral so our house "doesn't look like a beach house", per my hubby's request. 

No comments:

Post a Comment